The fantastic Swift Coffee has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! I’m so excited and honored whenever I get a nomination for anything because that means someone is reading what I write. Everyone should definitely go check out her responses to the award here! Here are the rules for this tag:
-Thank the person who gave you the award.
-Include a link to their blog.
-Select 7 blogs/bloggers that you’ve discovered recently or regularly follow.
-Nominate those 7 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
-Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
For this tag, I am going to nominate some lovely book and gaming bloggers that I read on a regular basis, as well as a link to a recent post that I appreciate!
- Reaper Interactive
- Moms Book Collection
- A Geek Girl’s Guide
- Coffee, Cocktails, & Books
- Married To Books
- Lattes and Literature
- I Played the Game!
Now for the seven facts about me!
- I always have to be reading, at a minimum, a physical and ebook at the same time. Why? Well, I like to curl up in a chair with physical books during the day, but when I’m in bed at night before I go to sleep, I would prefer to just prop my tablet up on my legs and read an ebook.
- If I play a video game for a while and then take a long break from it, there is a decent chance I will never finish it. The reason for this is because I don’t like to go back to games I am in the middle of because I can never remember what I was doing last. If I start at the beginning, however, there will likely be at least one section that I didn’t enjoy the first time and would have to do over again. Therefore, I don’t want to start the game over and I don’t want to play a partially-completed game, so it’s probably never getting finished.
- I get eyestrain headaches from looking at electronic devices for too long, so I have to be careful with both playing video games and reading ebooks. My secret weapon has been to actually use the nighttime setting on all of my devices that takes a bit of the blue light out of the screen.
- I’m not much of a movie or TV show viewer. Since I have a finite amount of time in a day, I would just rather read or game. When I do watch something, I usually pick a show that I can easily multitask with. This is how I am currently ten seasons deep in Grey’s Anatomy.
- I prefer indie over AAA titles because indie developers push boundaries and try risky things that have never been done before. AAA games often feel too similar to one another after a while.
- I play almost all of my video games on Steam these days, but I only play open-world RPGs on consoles when I can. There’s just something relaxing about sitting back on my sofa with a controller and playing on a TV that is perfect for a long game like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- I listen to a lot of music, and like my game and book tastes, my favorites are all over the place. A few artists I listen to on repeat include Sufjan Stevens, Halestorm, Shinedown, Sara Bareilles, and Dermot Kennedy.
It’s actually surprisingly difficult to come up with seven random facts like that, but I did it! What are some facts about yourself that you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below or create a post and tag me so I can see!